Sommelier Clos de Vougeot and Compagnon de Bordeaux, Oenologist for Vicario Wines, Master Liqueur Maker for Salute! LLC, and author of Italian Liqueurs, The Art and History of a Creation; other writings include publications for Wall Street International Magazine, At Home Magazine and others.
Renato Vicario was born in Legnano,(Milan) Italy, in 1946 and grew up in Baveno on the Piedmont side of Lake Maggiore. After his early studies of Ragioneria (accounting), he progressed to the Economics faculty at the Catholic University in Milan and, pushed by his love for languages, also completed the University of Cambridge, Degree in English. He has spent 40+ years as the owner and President of Vantage World Travel, a wholesale travel company focused on International culture, food and art. The liqueurs he creates in Greer, SC have received various awards, including the Good Food Award, and Silver and Bronze Awards by the San Francisco World Spirits Competition. They are currently distributed in NY, NJ CT, CA, GA and SC.
Past Presentations have included (but not limited to)
- Herb Society of America, Annual Conference, Williamsburg, VA
- Eataly, Rome Italy, in collaboration with Libreria Coop, Italian Liqueurs with Jacapo Poli, Poli Grappa and Alberto Pancrazzi, Journalist
- National Museum of Medieval and Modern Art, Arezzo Italy Tradition and Culinary Culture(Museo Nazionale d'Arte Medievale e Moderna, Arezzo Italy Arte, tradizione e cultura culinarian)
- Castel Vescovo at Corciano, Perugia, Italy, Castello di Pieve del Vescovo di Corciano, Perugia, Italy Herbae Volant Fructus Manent “Scents and Flavors of Herbs and Fruits”
- Science Museum and Botanical Garden, University of Camerino, Italy Poisons, Instructions for Using MUSEO DELLE SCIENZE orto botanico ‘c. cortini’ with Simonetta Varnelli, "Varnelli" Veleni, Instruzo per uso
- Treviso Italy with Jacapo Poli
- Many and various workshops, classes and seminars with Slow Food Upstate